Saturday, May 14, 2011

AARP as History

by: Schvach Yid




No joke intended, but the day I received an invitation, by mail, to join AARP stands as
one of the more emotionally depressing days of my life. It was just a few weeks prior to my 50th birthday, and I thought reaching the age of fifty was , well, nakbah, to borrow a term from Arabic.

Later this month Bob Dylan will turn 70 years of age. I can’t imagine. Of all the cruelties dished out by life, perhaps the passage of time – and aging – are the worst (excluding, of course, the naches derived from watching one’s kids grow up).

So here’s to Robert Zimmerman’s success in sticking it out for seventy years, and I mean successfully. Happy Birthday Bob.






1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.